Monday 24 May 2010

Alex Grey


Alex Grey is one of my favourite visionary artists. I found out about his work from listening to the band Tool who he worked with to make album artwork for. I think tool and Alex Grey go so well together because Tool sound very in touch with their spiritual trippy side.

His father was a graphic designer so he encouraged Alex from a young age, Alex's work is of a very high standard. He met his wife at the Boston Museum school where they tripped on LSD. He has studied the human anatomy at Harvard Medical school, he also studied about healing energies.



i like his work because it takes you to another universe that doesn't feel as far away as it looks.



I'd love to go see tool live because not only are they an amazing band but they have massive projections of Greys artwork as a visualizer.



i will most probably have an Alex Grey tattoo one day, on the back of my neck i'd like to have the flaming eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment