Monday 24 May 2010

Camden

I am unfortunately afflicted with a long term skin condition, eczema, for which I have to be on some serious medication to keep it bearable. I, therefore, have to attend clinics in London, either at St. Thomas' Hospital or Guys. My Mum usually comes along and we make a day of it by either strolling along the South Bank and watching the street performers and then going to either the Tate Modern or the Haywood Gallery. After that we usually head over to Camden Market to get some Indian or Chinese food and do a bit of shopping.

I think Camden is where I want to live when I have independent means. I would love to be able to afford a flat close to Camden High Street as I think it is such an interesting place with so much going on, but also quite peaceful along the river walks down towards Regent Park. I love the diversity of Camden with its many ethnic and high fashion shops, the cheap market stalls and the expensive shoe shops. I very rarely am able to come away from Camden without buying something to wear. Even if I find something that is exactly to my taste in the first or second shop I go in, I feel I must look at all the other shops first before deciding on my purchase and then I normally come away with something entirely different to what I first envisaged I would buy. My last purchase was a pair of boots to die for, expensive, yes, but my birthday was just around the corner, so I phoned Dad and, yes, he agreed to buy them for me. Result!

No comments:

Post a Comment