Monday 17 May 2010

Amsterdam


I turned 21 on the 3rd of April 2010.
For a few months before my birthday, I had been working hard in the evenings in order to save up for my first holiday without parents. My boyfriend and I went to Amsterdam for 5 days and 4 nights. We managed to get a flight on my actual birth day, so we celebrated as soon as we got there. After we checked in to our hotel, we went to explore on foot and one of the first things we noticed was the vast amount of cool street art. We found out that some of the really good artists in this city just decorate the coffee shops. One of the coffee shops that made a big impression on me was the Bulldog which was covered in numerous funny little drawings on the outside of the building. I took lots of photographs which I was intending to download on to my blog, but unfortunately, before I had the chance,
my kid sister borrowed the camera and lost it, together with all my pics. I tried to find some of the street art I had seen on the internet, but unfortunately, they do not have titles and I was unable to locate the pieces I would have liked to have talked about on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment