Monday 24 May 2010

Emilie Strange

There used to be this character called "Emily Strange" back in the days when I was a bit of a goth and I suppose some people might call me strange now, come to think of it. I have purple hair, which I love, although my Grandad thinks I look like a Gypsy and will become a pavement artist hoping people will throw a few pence into my little hat. I used to have a needle phobia for which I had to see a psychologist as I needed to have blood tests regularly for medication I have to take, but I got over that and am now fascinated and have to watch them closely whilst they take my blood. I am so over my phobia that I have also had my lip pierced and wear a lip ring and have recently had my tongue pierced, but am currently talking with a lisp and am unable to eat solid food very well. Had spaghetti bolongnaise tonight for tea which got wrapped around my tongue piercing which is too long for the depth of my tongue, but they have to allow for the swelling which you get for the first few days after having the piercing, but its the dribbling which is most embarrassing. I will be going back soon to have the length of my piercing reduced to a more manageable size and hopefully I will be able to manage a medium rare steak then. I would love a tattoo next, but I am not sure that it might be that I am challenging myself to see how far I have got beyond that initial needle phobia or was it simply a case of medical test vs. fashion accessory?

No comments:

Post a Comment